On Wednesday Nights we have been going through the Share Jesus Without Fear Curriculum by William Faye. I have found this approach to be one of the most effective approaches to sharing my faith. There are five questions that we are all memorizing to use in evangelism.
Here are the five questions that can help you move a conversation toward spiritual concerns:
1) Do you have any kind of spiritual belief?
2) To you, who is Jesus?
3) Do you believe there are a heaven and a hell?
4) If you died right now, where would you go?
5) If what you believe were not true, would you want to know it?
If they say yes to question 5, the next step is to open the Bible and read the following verses aloud and ask after each verse, “What does this say to you?”
There are seven verses that are used in the Share Jesus Without Fear evangelism outline:
1) Romans 3:23 (The issue of Sin) - Romans 3:23 (ESV) “for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God”
2) Romans 6:23 (The penalty of sin) - Romans 6:23 (ESV) “For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.”
3) John 3:3 (How to enter a relationship with Christ) John 3:3 (ESV) Jesus answered him, "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again he cannot see the kingdom of God."
4) John 14:6 (The narrowness of the Gospel) John 14:6 (ESV) Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.”
5) Romans 10:9-11 (Anyone can be saved) Romans 10:9-11 (ESV) because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes and is justified, and with the mouth one confesses and is saved. For the Scripture says, "Everyone who believes in him will not be put to shame."
6) 2 Corinthians 5:15 (We must turn from/turn to) 2 Corinthians 5:15 (ESV) and he died for all, that those who live might no longer live for themselves but for him who for their sake died and was raised.
7) Revelation 3:20 (A choice to accept or reject) - Revelation 3:20 (ESV) Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and eat with him, and he with me.
I want to encourage you to memorize these questions and mark these passages in your Bible. Pray for God to use you to share Jesus without fear to your family, neighbors, coworkers, and friends. Come join us on Wednesday nights to sharpen your knowledge of evangelism and let’s go and shine the light of the Gospel to a dark and thirsty world!
May God bless us with a passion for winning souls!
- Bro. Dave