Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Bible Verses on Guilt.


Do you ever struggle with guilt over your past? Does guilt keep you from joy in serving God today? There are some wonderful promises in God’s word that address the guilt we feel over our past. I praise God that Jesus not only died to remove our sins, but also our guilt. If you struggle with guilt, take some time and meditate on the following passages of scripture:

Romans 8:1 (ESV) 
1 There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.

Proverbs 28:13 (ESV) 
13 Whoever conceals his transgressions will not prosper, but he who confesses and forsakes them will obtain mercy.

Psalm 32:5 (NIV) 
5 Then I acknowledged my sin to you and did not cover up my iniquity. I said, "I will confess my transgressions to the LORD"-- and you forgave the guilt of my sin. Selah

Hebrews 10:17-18 (NIV) 
17 Then he adds: "Their sins and lawless acts I will remember no more." 
18 And where these have been forgiven, there is no longer any sacrifice for sin.

Hebrews 10:22 (NIV) 
22 let us draw near to God with a sincere heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled to cleanse us from a guilty conscience and having our bodies washed with pure water.

Acts 24:16 (NIV) 
16 So I strive always to keep my conscience clear before God and man.

Praise God that we are forgiven in Jesus! Let us live in obedience to the one who has forgiven us!

-          Bro. Dave

No comments: