After much prayer and research, I have chosen the 2013 Bruner’s Chapel Bible Reading plan to be: “Reading God’s Story: One Year Chronological Plan.” I will write more about this plan next week, but if you would like to pick up a copy of it you can do so this upcoming Sunday. Copies will be available in the Sunday School office and you can get an early start on reading through the Bible for 2013.
Every year I am asked to provide gift suggestions for Christmas. All of these will teach your kids and grandkids the Gospel:
1) The Big Picture Story Bible, by David Helm. With full-page illustrations and an incredible overview of the whole Bible, this has been a favorite in the Crowe house.
2) The Jesus Storybook Bible, by Sally Lloyd-Jones. Shows how Jesus is in every story of the Bible. Does a great job highlighting where He is in the Old Testament.
3) The Child's Story Bible, by Catherine F. Vos. The wife of a Biblical Theology professor at Yale wrote this Bible in the 1920's. Vos took her husbands notes and wrote them out for Children. Though not as well illustrated as the others, its literary style is engaging for kids and full of rich theological truths.
4) The Action Bible. This comic book style Bible was drawn by Marvel Comic and DC Comic veterans. Kids will love the illustrations and adults will learn more about the Bible as they read through this beautiful version of scripture.
5) Long Story Short, by Marty Machowski. This is the devotional that the Crowe family has been working through this year. Long Story Short is a family devotional program designed to explain God s plan of salvation through the Old Testament and is suitable for children from preschool through high school.The gospel is deep enough to keep the oldest and wisest parents learning and growing all their lives, yet simple enough to transform the heart of the first grader who has just begun to read. Ten minutes a day, five days a week is enough time to pass on the most valuable treasure the world has ever known.
May God bless you with a wonderful Christmas!
- Bro. Dave