12 Reasons for Christmas
1. "For this I was born and for this I have come into the world, to bear witness to the truth." (John 18:37)
3. "Those who are well have no need of a physician, but those who are sick; I came not to call the righteous, but sinners." (Mark 2:17)
4. "The Son of Man came to seek and to save the lost." (Luke 19:10)
5. "The Son of Man came not to be served but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many." (Mark 10:45)
6. "God sent forth his Son, born of woman, born under the law, to redeem those who were under the law, so that we might receive adoption as sons." (Galatians 4:5)
7. "For God so loved the world that whoever believes on him shall not perish but have everlasting life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world but that the world through him might be saved." (John 3:16).
9. "The saying is sure and worthy of full acceptance, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners." (1 Timothy 1:15).
10. "Behold, this child is set for the fall and rising of many in Israel, and for a sign that is spoken against . . . that the thoughts of many may be revealed" (Luke 2:34f).
11. "He has sent me to proclaim release to the captives and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty those who are oppressed." (Luke 4:18)
12. "Christ became a servant to the circumcised to show God's truthfulness, in order to confirm the promises given to the patriarchs, and in order that the Gentiles might glorify God for his mercy." (Romans 15:7-8; cf. John 12:27f).
These verses were compiled by John Piper. © Desiring God. Website: desiringGod.org
May we reflect on these purposes of Christmas this season! And may we all rejoice in the King that reigns in our hearts!- Bro. Dave