Monday, March 29, 2010

Note to the Choir

I would like to offer a congratulations to the choir on a job well done.  As we prayed for, your diction was mighty, and your blend was smooth.  I listened to the DVD on Sunday afternoon, and you sounded beautifully.  If you ever get a copy to save of a cantata, this should be the one.  The mix was awesome, and the "breathy tone" worked so well!  There was no cracking sound on the DVD, so I'm sure our Monday evening audience had a treat!  A special thanks to our technical team: Mike, the monitors were spot on, and Mark, way to keep up with the words for us!  Your contributions made this presentation an unforgettable success!  Also, a word of thanks to our readers: you did an outstanding job!  My mom said you gave her goosebumps in both the rehearsal and the performance.  I have had so many compliments on the quality of this cantata, but I have to say that I had little to do with it!  We have an amazingly talented group of musicians at Bruner's Chapel, of whom I am so grateful.  It is so much fun to get to stand in the best seat in the house every week and listen to you worship our Savior in a way that is excellent and clear.

As a reminder, we will not have rehearsal this week so that you can feel free to take part in Easter plans and traditions.  Rehearsal will resume April 11, and we have some exciting things on the horizon!

 

-Mark Whitaker

Minister of Music and Worship

Interim Minister of Students

No comments: